ita - eng

THE HOTEL 500 FIRENZE
The HOTEL 500 FIRENZE, originally built in the years 1500 as the hospital’s (Degli Innocenti) orphanage, became later an elegant Villa, but completely abandoned after the Second World War. L’Hotel was recovered through recent restoration work, that combine both the conservative origins and the modern functionality of facilities, to transform the property into an exclusive hotel. The Hotel 500 Firenze is easy to reach from highway A1 Rome-Florence (4km from exit Firenze Nord, 2km from Sesto Fiorentino-Calenzano), from highway A11 Firenze-Mare (3Km from exit Prato Est), from Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport (5 km), and from Florence city center (14 km). The hotel has a large Parking area for 300 cars.


THE RECEPTION
The Reception area is divided in 5 areas, with 2 lounges on each part of it, dating back from the XVII century, where to relax, read a book or have a drink. The lounges are furnished with items made to measure combined with other design, with original cotto flooring and ceiling frescoes from the XIX century. 


THE ROOMS
The HOTEL 500 FIRENZE has 60 bedrooms.
Classic Room”, the walls, green colored, blue or pink with geometrical patterns give the room sobriety and brightness in contrast with the white bed head.
Superior Room”, more spacious than the classic bedrooms, and same style, some with an outdoor living-room.
Deluxe Room”, red colored walls and spacious; these rooms have the characteristics of the historical building like stones chimney, truss-beam roof, wood loom that once hold the wooden vault.
Junior Suite” these nice and cozy rooms are built on two levels with a wooden stairway. On the ground floor the bathroom and a spacious living room with leathered sofas, on the second floor the sleeping area with king size bed.
Suite” spacious living room on the first floor with a picturesque relaxing mattress and a sleeping area on the dovecot tower.


THE PARK
Driving through the Path of Cypress, there is the entrance of the hotel with its Nobel Chapel on the right hand side, just in front of the reception area located in the Villa, the main part of the property divided in several parts of the building showing signs of a more historical overlaps. In the Park of the Hotel, divided into important areas such as the Elliptical Pool, the Panoramic Basins and the romantic Sanken Garden, it is possible to organize any kind of event, whatever the reason is.

THE RESTAURANT
The older part of the hotel, which was once the orphanage’s refectory, is today the fascinating 5% IL RISTORANTE. The two arcs made in stones and brick divide the bar area from the other two section of the whole area where the geometry and the linearity of the furniture in Chestnut are in keeping with the epochal ceiling in Deal. The cuisine reflects the best of our Florentine territory served with a rich selection of wines. The Hotel Banqueting can organize any kind of event taking care of everything, from setting up the venue to the kitchen preparation.


THE ROOMS
Meetings, Parties and Events can be organized in the spectacular space on the ground floor or the first floor. Some events can be organized in the areas outside. The Sala degli Archi, located on the ground floor is characterized by a wood and brick ceiling and 12 arcades each with drop-curtain which can divide the whole area in smaller meeting rooms. This is the perfect venue where to organize large meetings, gala dinners, private functions, fashion show, work shop, and much more. The Sala della Loggia, located on the first floor, which was once the orphanage’s dormitory, is accessible either by stairs or by lift. Characterized by small arches located on the lengthwise side that define a large and central area which is perfect for smaller meetings or events.


THE HISTORY
The HOTEL 500 FIRENZE is located in an ancient villa known as Villa Permoli, but also as Villa di Tomerello from the name of the area; a place name which seems to come from the expression “a toma di Morello” that is protected by the Morello mountain. The first documents about Villa di Tomerello date back to the 16th Century, when the Guelf captains represented it as a simple residential building of the village of Santo Stefano belonging to the Ganucci Family. In the 16th Century the building used to belong to the Spedale degli Innocenti (”Hospital of the Innocents”) who had its headquarters in the historical building in Florence designed by Filippo Brunelleschi. Evidence of this can be seen on the bas relief above the entrance on the southern side which, togheter with the two gates which are symbols of the “Guild of Silk Craftsmen” and the child of the Ospedale bear the date 1558, probably that of the completion of the Campi branch of the Florence orphan asylum. In the early 19th Century, in fact, after ecclesiastical possessions werw dissolved on a decision by the Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo, ownership passed into the hands, as we mentioned above, of the Permoli Family and took on the name of Villa Permoli. The complex passed into the hands of Rucellai Family in 1935; they made this one of their country residences. The complex was progressively abandoned, but was recovered by Vaiani Family through recent restoration work to hosted the elegant complex, with its comfortable rooms and prestigious halls: HOTEL 500 FIRENZE.


 

Booking: Arrival date Nights Rooms Adults Children